Skip to content

Ignite Raleigh 3 Speaker Proposals

Welcome to the official Ignite Raleigh 3 presentation submission site

What are you passionate about… what do you geek out on…. what do you want to share with the world?

Submit your Ignite talk today. Consider adding a link to a short video pitch of your talk (under 1 minute), so that the community can get a better sense of your presentation style.

What is Ignite? It’s a series of speedy presentations, a sort of geek variety show. The speaker format is 20 slides, slides auto-rotated each 15 seconds. If you had only 5 minutes on stage, what would you say? Hack the format. Make it interesting. Perhaps forget the boring bullets. Tell your story visually.

Check out presentation videos from past Ignite Raleigh, Durham and other Ignite shows on YouTube. Ignite events now play in over 100 cities on 5 continents. Ignite Raleigh 2 was the largest Ignite show in the world to date. Be a part of this global creative phenomenon.

Speakers, create your talk about a topic you are passionate about… share a part of your life that isn’t part of the day job. There are no sales pitches allowed. This is about expertise, education, humanities, science, arts, geekdom, entertainment…. the nuance of something.

14 speakers will be selected based on voting and organizing committee consideration. Voting closes on February 9th at 12:01am. Each person has 20 votes for their favorite topics. Cheating will not be tolerated and our system detects voting irregularity and duplication.

Get Your Tickets For Ignite Raleigh 3 NOW!

Enlighten us, but make it quick.

Fire it up!!

Ignite Raleigh 3 will be held February 16th at the Lincoln Theatre. The event is free, but has a charity component, BandTogether.

24 results found

1. After Party: Welcome to your Career Apocalypse

Why you should plan on your career apocalypse in 2012 and how to avoid it like a pro. Whether your getting your first job or your 15th, the reality behind living and working in the Triangle. With real stories from the trenches, you will laugh and cry and possibly get plain angry but it doesn't matter, because it's really just therapeutic for me to tell this story.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Zynga: those glorious, brilliant bastards (or Designing the PERFECT webgame in 20 slides!)

Right now, we're coming up on the three year anniversary of FarmVille, and it's amazing to see that this crazy has swept the world by storm. They've taken an idea that seems simple, and spun it into a multi-million dollar empire. For all of their faults, and for however you feel when you see nothing but sheep on your wall, they're brilliant.

And so, I propose to what I think the 19 key elements for a successful webgame should be, so that maybe we can get in on the ground floor of the next big thing.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. What I learned from my college application – eight years later.

One giant jar of mustard, middle school poetry, my nerdy teen years, and the value of paying it forward – a story about compassion, people, and making a difference on a non-global level.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Way Employment REALLY Works

Everybody's been in the job search trenches before, and it stinks. Applications are ignored, interviews go wildly wrong, companies want to pay you peanuts. What's not working, and why is the process so difficult? I work as a professional recruiter (I promise, I won't spam you with phone calls if you vote for me) and I spend every day in the job search trenches. I've learned a lot about the good, the bad, the ugly, and the bizarre elements looking for a job, and I want to give an irreverant, hopeful look into the way job searches REALLY work.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →

Ignite Raleigh 3 Speaker Proposals

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base